What am I focusing on these days? This page is updated frequently and inspired by the Now page movement.
- I did a trip ✈️ to the south of Italy and the south of France last month. I visited Naples, Capri Island and the famous Amalfi Coast in Italy; Nice, Cannes and Provence region of France. The trip was absolutely amazing! The best decision was to go in a non-touristy season. I will definitely do a post on my blog about the trip.
- I continue writing Planet:tech newsletter. In the latest issue, I explore how CRISPR and gene-edited foods could potentially bring to the table a new opportunity to improve our health, food taste as well as fight climate change. Don’t forget to subscribe. 😉
- Books I am reading:
- Articles I recommend:
“The history of smallpox & the origins of vaccines“. A fascinating read. Smallpox was one of the worst diseases in human history. It is also, among diseases, humanity’s greatest triumph: the only human disease we have completely eradicated. Along the way, it led to some of the earliest clinical trials and quantitative epidemiology, and the first vaccines. It is a fascinating exploration by The Roots of Progress, one of my top favorite resources.
- What I watch: old good Netflix shows. 😁 One of their recent series that I enjoy is “Inside Bill's Brain“, documentary that details the inner workings of Bill Gates's mind, work and philanthropic projects. Totally recommend it.
- Another one is Netflix documentary “Rotten” that explains how the food industry can be corrupt and how it affects everyone from the farmer to the consumer. To summarise: the way we get our food is inherently f*&%&*.
- Hobbies: painting classes 🎨 and trying cooking various vegan meals. I also started a few online courses on art recently, the one I really enjoy is “Modern Art and Ideas” by MOMA on Coursera.
Last update: November 2019.
What I was up to: