What am I focusing on these days? This page is updated frequently and inspired by the Now page movement.
- I came back from a trip to Paris recently which was amazing. It was not my first time in Paris so I had more non-touristy things to do this time. I’m in the process of writing a short post about the trip in my blog on Medium.
- I got back to writing my Planet:tech newsletter. For the latest issue I chose the topic of sustainable cities and looked at the ambitious high-tech ‘city-within-a-city’ plan for Toronto by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs. Don’t forget to subscribe. 😉
- Books I am reading: “The Silk Roads” is a terrific read which gives a new perspective on world history. A historian Peter Frankopan argues that the Persian Empire was the actual centre point of the rise of Western civilization. “All roads used to lead to Rome. Now they lead to Beijing.”
- Books I recommend: I just finished reading “Influencing Hemingway“, a unique biography that documents the places, people, and activities that influenced the writer. I bought the book in the famous “Shakespeare&Company” bookstore in Paris and would totally recommend reading it if you love Hemingway (and I’m his big fan 🙋🏼♀️).
Another book that I really enjoyed is “Becoming” by Michelle Obama. Her memoir is truly inspiring and strickingly honest, brings many insights into both her private life and public life as First Lady. I listened to the audio version on Audible and found the naration incredibly good (yes it is narrated by Michelle!)
- An article to read: Habits vs Goals by Shane Parish is a good read. And generally I highly recommend reading Farnam Street blog and newsletter, including his most famous post on Mental Models.
- And in my free time I got back to my creative hobbies which I’m really excited about: music lessons, painting, and ceramics. ☺️
- I got a cat! 🙀 April is a beautiful Scottish straight and we have so much fun with her. 💛
Last update: July 2019.
What I was up to: